Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Day: 1 (4/2/07)

Daily Schedule
4:30am - 1 Dosage Green Bulge (5 pills)
4:45am - 1 Scoop White Flood and 1 Scoop Purple Wraath with 32oz of water
5:30am - Cardio
6:00am - Weightlifting
6:40am - 1 Serving Isopure protein (2 scoops)
8:30am - Breakfast
11:30am - 2 Diesel Fuel V12
12:00pm - Lunch
6:30pm - 1 Diesel Fuel V12
7:00pm - Dinner

Cardio
Stationary Bike
10 minutes

Treadmill
20 minutes

Max OT - Arms

Biceps:
Straight Bar Curls
30 x 10 (warm up)
50 x 6
50 x 6

Alternating Dumbbell Curls
20 x 10 (warm up)
30 x 6
30 x 6

Cable Curls
40 x 10 (warm up)
60 x 6

Triceps
Cable Push-downs
40 x 10 (warm up)
70 x 6
70 x 6

Lying Triceps Extensions
20 x 10 (warm up)
30 x 6
30 x 6

Dumbbell Kick-backs
10 x 10 (warm up)
15 x 6

Forearms
Barbell Wrist Curls
30 x 10 (warm up)
50 x 6
50 x 6

Dumbbell Wrist Curls
20 x 10 (warm up)
30 x 6

==================================================


MAX-OT Workout - So far I seem to be liking it. I know this isn't a log about the workout routine so much but I think the way in which someone works out is vital to the results they will get from the supplements. I am keeping the weight light as it states too in week 1 so next week will be closer to my max weight range.

As well the way I am weight lifting, as MAX-OT suggests, is to do a warm up set (I chose 10 reps) then find a weight you can do to failure 6 - 8 times or 4 - 6 times depending on the exercise. This is totally different from the way I used to work out doing a hundreds of reps and a ton of sets. I understand the logic behind MAX-OT and can't wait to see how it works for me.

During the lifts I would go twice as slow down (or to the starting position) as I would go up (or do the lift). with only 4 - 6 reps (or 6 - 8) this was achievable and each rep was a near perfect rep.

Supplements
Since this is a stack I will be evaluating them as a whole since I could not tell you which gave me the "pumps", "energy", "focus" etc. As well I will only be going over taste the first week, I do think this is important but results are more important then the flavor. The reason I think this should be taken into consideration is nausea could be a product of a bad flavor or aftertaste and that is something you DO NOT want during a workout.

(the categories are borrowed form ncangey's log - hope you don't mind!)

Taste (Week 1 only): (10/10)
Now now what do we have here? A 10 already!!! Your probably thinking I was paid off huh? Well guess what... I wasn?t. I can't comment on White Flood or Purple Wraath alone but combined with 32oz of ICE COLD water OMG! it was a pleasure to drink esp. early in the morning. I am not sure how v3 of Purple Wraath tastes but I love this version. You really don't need it any more sweet then it already is. Id almost say the two combined taste almost too sweet... but I won't. - Green Bulge, well I can say there wasn?t a horrid smell like you get from some of the "pressed" pills since its in a capsule and the taste.... tasteless!

Energy/Focus: (7/10)
Energy I gave a 5, but this is biased for a few reasons and I think could of easily of been a 10. Now for the reasons why Energy was only a 5 (partly my fault). Well when we got back in town last night we found our AC wasn?t working! and living in south Texas this is a huge problem lol. Luckly it got down to 73 last night and I was able to sleep about 4 hours. As well I started working out 30 minutes earlier and didn't realize the sleep I was missing out on. So tomorrow should yield closer to the actual results on a proper nights rest. Now for the focus, easily a 10! ... Whoa wait a sec another 10 you say. Yes a 10! I did not once look at the timer on either cardio exercises or care who was in my way at the weights I was in the mode that you either working out in the same gym as I am or in my way. There was no waiting or moving out of other peoples way. I was on a one way track and never left it. All in al la great workout!

Pumps/Vascularity: (8/10)
Pumps/Vas is an 8 which again could of been a 10 but I think due to lack of sleep this caused my body to tire even more. I noticed on cardio that my rotations on the stationary bike where much hirer then normal, so I was pumping out the rotations much faster then I usually did. That is a plus for sure. When lifting weights to me a pump is when your lifting the weight and you don?t think you can get it up then BOOM you get the strength to do so kind of like a runners second wind. I must have gotten this feeling like 10 times during my workout.

Stamina/Endurance: (8/10)
Well as I said before I completed my entire workout on 4 hours asleep :clap::clap: Great product so far.

Recovery: (*/10)
I cannot comment on this are yet as this is only day one.

Side Effects:
A few things need to be mentioned.
First - I think I took the WF/PW a little to early as it kicked in about 5:15am and my legs and arms where full of tingles. Not bad ones just like random spots having that "sleep" feeling. Since I didn't get to the gym until 5:30am I was a little wierded out. Once I started cardio though all was good.

Second - my heart rate was normal on the machines but I noticed once I got it up (normally about 125) on the same settings, my heart rate was stable about 133 or so. I figured this would happen as its a stimulant just something to mention.

Third - As with other takers I have experienced some bowel irritation. Seeing I have borderline IBS (just never diagnosed with it) this doesn't surprise me. As well my system usually takes a week or two to get used to the supplements and higher level of protein intake. I noticed the irritation about an hour after my workout. Again just something worth mentioning.


Overall:
I am so far, only day 1 remember, very happy with the stack! There is nothing I can really ask for more except the gains which I hope are coming. STAY TUNED!

Diet:
Breakfast:
3 Large Eggs
2 Pork Sausages

Lunch:
4oz chicken fajita meet
1/2 cup greenbeans

Dinner:
6 chicken wings
1/2 cup greenbeans
1 ear of corn

No comments: